This page describes new features that are currently in BETA testing. This means they are included in the current release version of ICS Calendar (or ICS Calendar Pro), but they are still considered experimental or their functionality may be subject to change or removal in a future release.
For calendars that use HTTP basic authentication, this provides a way for you to supply a username and password to allow ICS Calendar to retrieve the calendar data.
NOTE: Basic authentication is inherently not very secure. But to avoid the added risk of storing the credentials in plain text in the database, the shortcode parameter is a simple boolean, e.g.
basicauth="true". You must define the
R34ICS_FEED_BASICAUTHconstant in your site’s
wp-config.phpfile.* Its value should be the username and password, separated by a colon, as such:
* We took this approach because that file also contains the WordPress database credentials in plain text, so anyone who has access to this file implicitly has access to everything anyway.
- This configuration only supports one HTTP basic authentication username/password combination per site. Multiple basic auth-protected calendars can be accessed if they all use the same credentials.
- If a shortcode contains multiple feeds, the same credentials will be applied to all of the feeds.
- Public calendars ignore the credentials, so a shortcode can include a combination of basic auth-protected and public calendars, as long as any and all basic auth-protected calendars use the same credentials.
- Because basic auth uses a colon
:as a delimiter, neither the username nor the password can contain a colon. (Since this is an inherent limitation, it should not be an issue for any existing credentials.)
- This feature currently cannot be used in conjunction with
eventdl. If this setting is used, it will force
ICS Calendar v.9.3.2.
Adds a download icon to each event in your calendar. Clicking the link will download a customized
.ics file containing details for just that event (or event series, if it is a recurring event).
ICS Calendar v.9.3.0.