Today marks the release of ICS Calendar version 10.11.5 and ICS Calendar Pro 4.8.4. These updates primarily include bug fixes, with a few new features. Many new features are in the works for the upcoming ICS Calendar 11.0 and Pro 5.0 updates, which should be available in August or September. In the meantime, today’s updates will probably represent the last releases before those new versions, unless there are any critical bug fixes.
Here’s an overview of the changes in today’s updates, from the changelogs:
ICS Calendar version 10.11.5
- Fixed event description excerpt appearing in lightbox (in addition to full description).
- Fixed missing times on multi-day events with start and/or end times.
- Fixed redundant dates/title on multi-day events.
- Bug fix: Event titles and times appearing twice on mobile breakpoint when
- New feature: Changed options for
compactparameter to support
desktopas well as the previous boolean options. (Allows for CSS modifications that only apply to mobile or desktop breakpoints.) Use
nomobile="true"with month view to get a smaller table-based month layout on mobile devices. This feature is still considered “experimental” and is subject to change; your feedback is welcomed!
- Bumped “Tested up to” to 6.2.
ICS Calendar Pro version 4.8.4
- Changed options for Compact parameter (Advanced tab) to accommodate new options in the free version.
- Removed invalid “inline” option for Details Toggle parameter for Full view.
- Added Mobile Default option and corresponding logic to automatically switch to “list” tab on mobile devices. (Only works if the calendar is configured to include the “list” tab.)
- Added logic to collapse full day name headers to “short” abbreviated versions on mobile for Full view. (Matches change introduced in ICS Calendar v.10.11.4 for all other views.)
- Added some missing event data to resolve PHP errors in some circumstances.
- Fixed issue of events on “non-business” days not being hoverable/clickable. (Seems to be a bug in FullCalendar.io; worked around with CSS.)
- Fixed issue of month/list toggle not appearing on mobile breakpoint when
nomobileparameter is set.
Month with Sidebar view
- Removed (hid, via CSS) search filter on mobile. The way the search filter works is conceptually incompatible with this view, especially on mobile. Recommended solution is to simply not use the search filter with Month with Sidebar view.
- Updated embedded ACF PRO to version 6.1.7.
- Updated embedded FullCalendar.io library to version 6.1.8.
- Updated translation files with new text strings.
- Updated plugin description and license terms.
- Updated ICS Calendar requirement to 10.11.5.
Both updates should now be available in your WordPress admin.